Thursday, March 2, 2017

Ladies And Gentlemen; Your Next Governor - Bob Harlow

By Jeff Simpson 

True leaders, identify a problem and then start working to fix it.   Robert Harlow did just that.   Bob is a well rounded lifetime Wisconsinite, who grew up in Barneveld.

I grew up a couple miles outside of Barneveld, Wisconsin. My dad had a woodworking business when I was a kid, and my mom writes and teaches. I am a third generation Wisconsinite. Three of my grandparents came here from Iowa and the fourth from Missouri. My parents grew up in Madison, where three of my grandparents were professors at the University.
I loved sports as a kid, especially football. I played on the line. I also loved music. I played in the Wisconsin Youth Symphony Orchestra for three years and was fortunate enough to have my composition "Yangzi" premiered by the WYSO Philharmonia under the direction of Thomas Buchhauser when I was a senior in high school.
During high school, I also became very involved in politics. My local American Legion post gave me the great opportunity to attend Badger Boys State, where I was selected by the Federalist Party as their Gubernatorial nominee. In 2008, I campaigned all summer for the Barack Obama campaign and learned how much I love going door to door talking to voters. I also interned for our great State Senator Dale Schultz. The experience stuck with me strongly. To this day, Dale is one of my leading role models.
I spent my college years at Stanford University, where I earned a Bachelors of Science in Physics. During that time, I developed a passion for grueling outdoor adventures. I climbed mount Shasta, and I hiked the Grand Canyon from the south rim to the north rim and back.
In addition to my physics studies, I have diverse experience in several areas of engineering and science. Software that I wrote is used every day by the Army Corps of Engineers Search and Rescue Team. The software handles communication between their mobile phones and sensors placed on structural elements in disaster zones, allowing them to monitor the situation and alerting them to get out if the building starts to fall.
When I was a senior at Stanford, the Stanford Office of Technology Licensing filed a provisional patent on my invention to create a new programmable micro-technology for mixing chemical and biological reactants with the goal of creating a "personal computer" equivalent of the huge machines that are currently used in research, drug discovery and drug manufacturing. And, with the mission to empower individuals with the same scientific tinkering and drug manufacturing capabilities that are currently restricted to big companies.
Through those, and many more experiences, I want to bring an innovative management style to the Governor's mansion. A culture that hires smart people with an innovative mindset, puts new ideas to the test, and constantly iterates on systems to make them better. Because we need change in the Governor's mansion. Wisconsin is falling behind with the old, stale ideas of our current politics. The people of Wisconsin deserve better. You deserve a government that is just as smart and forward looking as you are.

Bob saw an opening ion a lack of leadership in Wisconsin and is stepping up to fill the void.   Harlow even has an eight point plan to turn Wisconsin around(which is ten points more than our current Governor).

1. CREATE 35,000 JOBS THROUGH RECORD INVESTMENT IN WISCONSIN'S INFRASTRUCTURE.
2. JUST YOU AND YOUR DOCTOR, PERIOD. A HEALTHCARE PLAN FOR WISCONSIN.
3. REPEAL SCOTT WALKER'S LEGISLATION THAT BANNED UNIONIZED WORKPLACES.
4. HELP WISCONSINITES GROW WISCONSIN IDEAS AND RESEARCH INTO SUCCESSFUL BUSINESSES.
5. IMMEDIATELY RESTORE THE RIGHT OF PUBLIC EMPLOYEES TO BARGAIN COLLECTIVELY.
6. VETO ALL NEW PIPELINE AND MINING PROPOSALS.
7. TEST DRINKING WATER ANNUALLY AND PASS LEGISLATION THAT GIVES THE GOVERNOR POWER TO IMMEDIATELY STOP POLLUTERS IF CONTAMINATION IS DETECTED.
8. MAKE SURE EVERY SCHOOL IN WISCONSIN IS FUNDED AT OR ABOVE THE NATIONAL PER-PUPIL AVERAGE.
Funding our schools, giving Wisconsinites a voice in their workplace and clean drinking water?  Who ever thought that would be a radical agenda?  However it is just what the Doctor ordered.

In a time when no one else has stepped up to become the resistance, and challenge the far right wing control, Bob Harlow has.

Instead of recycling old all-stars, or waiting for some high priced, low result consultant to tell us who should run and how far to the right they should run,

Bob Harlow has decided to take matters into his own hands, step up and work on becoming out next Governor.

I like the thought of that.

Check out Mr, Harlow here and here and feel free to donate here!

2018 will be here before you know it!






5 comments:

  1. He won't even get out of the primaries and Walker will mop him up quite easily if he does. He really doesn't say much except the usual liberal drivel.
    And seriously, what unions has Walker banned?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan, shouldn't you be studying Russian?

    ReplyDelete
  3. "Through those, and many more experiences, I want to bring an innovative management style to the Governor's mansion...Because we need change in the Governor's mansion." Perhaps Fighting Bob would have advised that Wisconsinites prefer their governor work from the Capitol and refer to the government housing they own as a residence rather than a mansion.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It would be very good to get Bob Harlow out speaking to various progressive groups. I can't even find a way to share this on FB, let alone find a way for direct contact to schedule a time & place for Bob Harlow to speak to progressive groups.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Rebecca Copy and paste this into a FB posting window.
      http://cognidissidence.blogspot.com/2017/03/ladies-and-gentlemen-your-next-governor.html

      Delete