Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Duffy Supporters Don't Think Much Of Women Voters

There currently is a radio ad going on by one of these sleaze groups supporting Sean Duffy in a rather sexist manner:



Think Progress has the scoop on the group that put on this ad, Young Guns Network, which appears to be in violation of their 501c(4) tax status by airing this ad. The part of the ad that is so offensive is:

EMMA: Hey, Olivia. What’s it gonna be?
OLIVIA: Hi Emma. Hmmm. Latte, cappuccino? I can’t make up my mind.
EMMA: That’s how I felt about this election… until I took a good look at the candidates.
OLIVIA: And?
EMMA: I’m for Sean Duffy. He’s pretty cool, actually. He’s part of this new generation of leaders, the kind we need in Washington. He’s a good husband and father and he fights for small businesses, like mine. So I can keep the doors open and even hire more people.
OLIVIA: He’s the cute one, right?
I've know a lot of women, and I have yet to hear one of them say they're going to base their vote on the "cute one." OF course, the women I know have too much self respect to allow themselves to be denigrated in that way.

5 comments:

  1. a.) No one who has ever laid an eye upon Pat Kreitlow thinks he's "radical".
    b.) I would vote for a cute guy. Find me one.
    c.) The debasing aspect to this is the women themselves, and how they were directed in this video. It's almost shockingly tacky-sounding. I'm sure the idea was to grab attention but !!!omg whut!?!
    In tone and cadence they sound just like the dumb bimbos who appear on ExtenZ commercials, and even worse, like those ladies on late night cable who do that "girlfriend/chatty" format show for selling "adult products". Are these girls talking about the next VP of the US? or a large purple plastic "appliance". Judging by their attitudes, I would seriously assume they're selling the appliances. And NO WAY IN HELL does a female business-owner talk like that. This commercial, ostensibly "for women" is SO severely guy-oriented, it's painful.
    c.) C is is for Clinton!
    I'm gonna see if I can debase myself enough to get a good pic to two of naughty Billy later today. It may end up being a nice capture of a Secret Service guy's shoelace, but I'm planning on goin' for the gold here. Wish me luck.
    d.) Please note it's MALE PUNDITS, campaign strategists, journalists, and other GUYS who keep harping on how "hot" Paul Ryan is. This is all man-crush crap. These guys are spending waay too much time fixated on Ryan's abs etc. Very weird. Lol, I "know a lot of women" too. We all are saying wtf Ryan ain't hot.
    Okay, I gotta go Monica myself up to be ready in time for Bill-i-am. C ya.

    ReplyDelete
  2. oops, not VP, Duffy is not Ryan. reading too many articles here in rapid succession and jumbling them all together. losin' it. or Lost It. who knows. My mind is just too full of BILL! I can't think straight.lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since Republicans have become infected with Romnesia and lie about everything I think that the script for the ad indicates that Sean Duffy
    is not a good father and husband and doesn't give a rat's ass about small businesses.

    You have to read between the lies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voters need reminding that it was Duffy who whined about how tough it is for him to make ends meet on a salary of $174,000. that is than 3.5 times the median income of his constituents.

    Yet he is all for Gov Walker's assualt on teachers' pay, and supports Ryan's austerity plan.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Althouse, a conservative blog ran by a (female) law professor in Madison, has made several comments about how Paul Ryan was a good pick for VP because he is so good-looking.

    ReplyDelete