Friday, December 25, 2009

What's Christmas Without A Little Hysteria?

The right wingers have been doing a lot of teeth gnashing, hair pulling and garment rending since the Senate passed their version of the health care reform bill. But some have taken it to the point of hysteria, like this woman:



So, all of a sudden, providing health care for the needy is unChristian?

Then there is this guy, who apparently feels that providing health care for the needy is a personal affront to him:
I am sorry, Mr. Obama. You succeeded in ruining my night’s sleep, you have jeopardized my dreams and endangered my country’s future, but not even you could ruin my Christmas.
Get a grip, people!

5 comments:

  1. I honestly believe when people let politics consume them...to the point where they can't enjoy simple things like spending time with family and friends over the holidays without thinking of President Obama or Scott Walker there is a problem. I enjoy talking about and reading about and debating about politics...but I enjoy not thinking about politics too. There is so much more in this world to think and talk about...don't you think??

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah...Anon...I agree...I think there is plenty to talk about besides politics...especially on Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Football! Tomorrow night... Go Brett! I'll be so sad if Brett's Vikings don't win.

    Man...to think last year I hated football!

    ReplyDelete
  4. These people are flat-out sad. I spent all Christmas weekend enjoying my time with family and friends, seeing "The Road" with my girlfriend, and tomorrow I will be back at work. When I get done with work tomorrow, I will be rooting on the state's university to give da U a comeuppance in football.

    These people probably spent the same weekend whining about health care and getting into draining arguments with their family members because they're so consumed with this. What an empty, lame life they have, and they'd have real accomplishment to fill it up with if they only tried.

    ReplyDelete