Tuesday, August 25, 2009

Bad Sheriff Goes Bye-Bye

Last spring, I told you of a bad sheriff up north, Sheriff Krenzke. Krenzke is the guy who decided not to go searching for a elderly woman with dementia, even though they could hear the woman's screams for help.

The good people of Price County stood up and said that they would not tolerate that type of negligence and incompetence from their elected officials, and today, they recalled his butt out of office.

I wish that other local elected officials would take that lesson to heart, and start doing the right thing and not what they think will be politically advantageous for them.

7 comments:

  1. capper...this is very good news. Thanks.

    What I still don't understand...though...is why everyone listened to this complete idiot (Sheriff) in the first place. I mean...if I were to hear a woman yelling for help and I know she is in trouble I am not going let someone tell me I can't go help her. They would have to arrest me to keep me from helping. To think even the deputies who are sworn to uphold the laws and to protect and serve listened to this complete idiot's orders and let that poor woman die...alone...in the woods. I hope they are fired...also.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's the big fish in a small pond issue. There probably aren't too many deputies to begin with, and if he treats some or most of them nicely, they won't buck him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yeah...I don't know. I was listening to the local news in Price Co. online and the reporter said she was found the next day and her "faithful" dogs were still by her side.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No, that is how it was in Waupaca County for a long, long time. That sheriff is long gone (I don't even know if he is still alive). But he was a corrupt old bastard, but the deps didn't talk out of fear he would make their lives hell.

    ReplyDelete
  5. That's not a good excuse to keep quiet. They have a duty to speak up against corruption.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh, I agree full-heartedly, but they won't do it more often than not.

    Misplaced loyalty, if you ask me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You are probably right.

    ReplyDelete