Friday, May 1, 2009

Here She Comes

Ol' Broad, aka Kate, and I have a strange friendship. She is extremely conservative, while I am a bit left of center, but we have always managed to have civil conversations, even when she is way wrong on a subject (which is most of the time).

Unable to keep up with my quick and sharp wit and sense of humor, she tends to resort to threaten me with coming up here to Milwaukee in late August to smack me around. I've tended to just role my eyes and think, "Yeah, whatever." I guess I should start taking her more seriously now.

Just on the off hand chance she was serious, I've had my people watching her. They have sent me advanced warning that Kate got her husband to agree to take her up here and that they are underway. They also gave me visual proof:


I wonder which August she meant.

8 comments:

  1. OMG! Where did you find our picture????

    ReplyDelete
  2. What? It can't be true. You mean conservatives and liberals can be civil and/or friends with each other? Who would have thunk it?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Kate-

    I told you I have spies everywhere.

    Anon-

    Nyaah! :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah ha! So YOU were behind the goat invasion, eh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know for a fact that he spent most of the early 90s as a peacock trainer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. The only old goats I know are in the picture.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Didn't train them too well, grumps, since they've all gone to meet their peacock maker.

    capper.....SMACK! :p

    ReplyDelete
  8. "while I am a bit left of center"
    Center of what?????

    ReplyDelete