Friday, March 6, 2009

Another Sad Day For Blogging

When I was first unleashed on the Cheddarsphere by Jay Bullock at folkbum's rambles and rants, one of the first bloggers that stood by my cyberside was Tim Rock, of The Other Side of my Mouth.
Ever since then, I became more confident, knowing that I had a "big brother" out there in the Sphere.

So it saddens me to say that like our mutual friend, Billiam, Tim has decided to hang up the keyboard to some degree. Tim has shut down his blog and has told me that he is done blogging, at least for now. I know Tim is a major baseball fan, and the one ray of hope is that he has left his baseball related blog still up.

I do sincerely hope he still comes to visit, for I will miss his witticism and biting sarcasm.

On the other end of the sphere, Ol' Broad is going into what could best be described as semi-retirement. She hasn't ruled out blogging completely, but has said that she will be devoting more of her time to other directions.

Now, Ol' Broad is normally wrong about most things. She is one of the right wing bloggers that is taking the Obama presidency to irrational extremes, and she can often get quite offensive in her postings. She is a Bible-thumping, gun-loving, equality-hating right winger, but she is also a friend. We have more than our share of verbal tussles and spitting matches, but I can't think of one occasion that our disagreements crossed the line of civility and mutual respect.

That is something that is lacking in large parts of the Sphere, from both sides, and something else I will be missing.

I wish both of these friends the best in what they do and where their lives may take them. And I hope that they know they are always welcome at any of my castles. (There are more than you know.)

Until such time that Tim comes back, I will do my best to try to pick up the slack. And until Kate (Ol' Broad) comes back, well, the right isn't safe from me.

4 comments:

  1. As I have had many runb's in with Tim, I really can't wish him well,
    But I will give him this, he is the Helen Thomas of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. that should be "run in's"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Dan for making me feel kinder, gentler and so much smarter.

    Helen Thomas is cute in a grandmotherly sort of way.

    ReplyDelete