Monday, February 2, 2009

Interesting Bit Of Timing

On Sunday, February 1, the Milwaukee Journal Sentinel ran an article about the race for the seat of Circuit Court Branch 15. One of the candidates is J.D. Watts, son of George Watts, the failed mayoral candidate.

Today, Monday, February 2, OnMilwaukee.com runs an article about the Watts Tea Shop, which was started by George Watts, and is partly owned and managed by J.D.

Now, I am not saying that there is anything untoward about this happening and believe it to be purely coincidental. But I can't help but think that I recall that some publication or another seems to run a story about the Tea Shop whenever J.D. is running for office. It is these types of mnemonics that can make or break a race like this.

For full disclosure, I know J.D. from my days in child welfare when he used to do some work out at Children's Court as well, although I haven't seen him in years.

I recall him being a tough lawyer to oppose and a good lawyer to have on your side. How he is as a judge, I don't know.

1 comment:

  1. J.D. Watts came to Drinking Liberally once when we were over at Club Garibaldi. Seemed like a good legal person. Incidentally, somehow I came into possession of a book by his father, George Watts. It seemed to be a capturing of his decrying Mayor Norquist, but I never read it closely enough to see if it had much beyond that.

    ReplyDelete