Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Reflections From The Reflecting Pool

For a while, I considered doing a post on how different people reacted to yesterday's inauguration of President Barack Obama, but I quickly realized that would be a monstrous and kind of pointless post. After all, my 7.3 readers are obviously of a higher cognitive plane, else they wouldn't be reading my sage words, so they are fully able to browse the Cheddarsphere themselves.

But I would be remiss if I did not point out a few things.

First, Patrick Dorwin is to be congratulated for taking the high road, even though many of his commenters were unable to follow him. Sean Hackbarth also was honestly critical, but in a way that could not be found offensive.

Unfortunately, too many could not even bring themselves up to the level of just being snarky or petty, but went way beyond the pale.

One example of the baser posts comes from Jib, who manages to use over the top rhetoric, but also heresy. And I thought the left were supposed to be the Godless ones. Other bizarre writings was another BBA contributor that forgot to take his meds and Tom McMahon, who apparently is ready to impeach Obama. Why is not clear, unless it's for being black or something.

The creme de la scum though goes to Peter DiGaudio. Peter put up three posts yesterday that goes beyond disgusting. First he repeats some of the same insane and irresponsible rhetoric that caused him to have a shit fit and blow up his last blog:
Say “Sieg Heil” to the nice people. Something right out of Nazi Germany, the former Soviet Union, Cuber, Venezuela, the NorKorComs, just about any totalitarian state you can name.

You vill bow down and vership Dear Leader and you vill like it.

Sorry. Not me. Not. My. President. I don’t want a seat at His table. I don’t want Him to succeed, because if He succeeds, America fails.

And yes, I still as ashamed on this country as I was on the night of the anointment in November.

Not satisfied that he proved himself an ass, he comes up with another violation of Godwin's law, including comparing people's support for Obama as a Nazi pledge. His third post shows he has lost all touch of reality as he blasphemously uses God's name in vain as he goes on his paranoid ravings.

Some of my friends have tried to even defend this chump, and have called him bright and thought provoking. But there is no way to defend this over-the-top line of BS. And unfortunately, he will only continue, despite what anyone might say to him. It is extremely hard to talk reason to an irrational mind.

2 comments:

  1. Didn't watch any of it, though I've seen many stories on news. Thought booing of the Bush's was totally classless. Thought Roberts should have used a cue card, but Obama showed more class than Biden in the aftermath. To all conservatives out there. Obama is the American President. That means he is OUR President. I may not like the majority of his policies, but he IS my President. I'll argue about his bs policies with my Liberal friends, and criticise him when I think he's full of it, as he is with some of his cabinet choices. For the next 4 years, at least, he's my President. I WILL show him more respect than some Liberals ever pondered showing former President Bush. Also, don't give me the old "well, they did it" line, either. Using someone else's bad behavior as and excuse for yours makes you the fool. It's not right.

    ReplyDelete