Thursday, January 22, 2009

Protecting Them Until They're Born

I've seen innumerable posts by right wing bloggers that are mourning today being the anniversary of Roe v. Wade.

I can understand that, and I respect their religious beliefs that I am not going to pick a fight about abortion vs. women's rights.

But I still cannot understand on how they can be so fervent in their hatred of abortion, but be so willing to abandon them after they're born, especially if it means raising taxes for health care or foster care.

1 comment:

  1. The problem isn't about conservatives not willing to take care of babies once they are born or paying taxes to help those kids in need. The problem is the spending of the taxes. It's the wasteful government spending that makes conservatives angry as I'm sure it also makes liberals angry. (those liberals who pay taxes that is) ;)

    Also...it's not always about religious beliefs when people are against the killing of an unborn baby by abortion. It's really more of a human rights issue. All humans born or unborn should have the basic right to life.

    ReplyDelete