Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Obama Speaks Out

Obama gave a speech yesterday in Grand Junction, CO. I have to agree with Helen Wheels, the best line from this clip is:

"If you believe that....I've got a bridge to sell you up in Alaska"





Pundit Nation also highlights another keen observation from the same speech, this on one the economy:
It’s not that I think John McCain doesn’t care what’s going on in the lives of most Americans. I just think doesn’t know. He doesn’t get what’s happening between the mountain in Sedona where he lives and the corridors of Washington where he works. Why else would he say that we’ve made great progress economically under George Bush? Why else would he say that the economy isn’t something he understands as well as he should? Why else would he say, today, of all days - just a few hours ago - that the fundamentals of the economy are still strong?

Senator - what economy are you talking about?

2 comments:

  1. Oooh I like hat tips! Cool!

    Sorry I haven't been by nearly enough. How're things looking in this election in Wisconsin?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around McShame saying the economy is built upon a fundementally sound concept of the least regulation is the best.
    I know he can't use a computer, but do you think he can't turn on a TV either?

    ReplyDelete