Monday, September 8, 2008

No Thanks, I'll Stay On The Ground

Let me start off with saying that yes, I was pleasantly surprised by the results of tonight's game.

Aaron Rodgers didn't do any glaring errors.

His stats are 18 for 22, 81.8 % completion rate, 178 yds for 1 TD and O Interceptions.

Compare that to Farvre's record from yesterday:

15 for 22, 68.2%, 2 TDs and O Ints.

Farve's QB rating yesterday was 125.9. Bill Michaels on TMJ radio is reporting that Rodgers is 115.53.

Pretty comparable, right. That is what my friends would have me believe anyway.

What they seem to forget is that there were two times they were at the goal line and had a hard time punching it home. The first time they would have had to settle for a field goal if the Vikes didn't continuously commit errors, giving the Pack another set of chances. The second time, Rodgers did a QB sneak (how many times do they think they will get to get away with that before opposing teams take advantage?).

Also, it should be noted that most of Rodgers passes were safe, short passes, and only aired it out once or twice. One was for a TD, which was called back on an offensive penalty.

And if you thought that Thompson was confident of his choice, would someone explain two things to me:
  1. Why are the Packers censuring signs that fans want to bring in the stadium?
  2. Why did Ted "the Weasel" Thompson have his defense introduced at the beginning of the game, instead of the offense?

But seeing that there is still fifteen games to play, I am not ready to jump on that wagon. Not yet anyway. One game does not a season make.

But I will admit to hoping to have many more pleasant surprises.

But for now, I'll keep my feet on the ground, thanks all the same.

1 comment:

  1. And let's not forget he would have had a long touchdown pass if not for his offensive line, which absolutely sucked yesterday.

    ReplyDelete