Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Wait, Where's The Outrage?

For months and months, the right has continuously challenged Senator Barack Obama's patriotism and his loyalty to the country. One of the most notorious and most inane attacks from the right wingers was about a flag lapel pin, of all things.

So I fully expect them to either express their outrage at McCain and question his patriotism or to just admit they were being foolish about the whole thing.

Both candidates appeared before the 79th Annual League of United Latin American Citizens (LULAC) Convention, in Washington, yesterday. Here are the pictures from the convention, courtesy of the AP:



Obama with flag pin





McCain without flag pin

Excuse me if I don't hold my breath for reality to sink in for most of them.

9 comments:

  1. Unrelated:

    Congrats on the blog!

    However, somehow the green background hides my cursor. If I keep it in your text or at the links, it's visible--otherwise I have to run that mouse ragged to "find" my cursor again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Dad.

    The color is my secret scheme to take over the world. You can check in, but you can never leave. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have the same issue. It is disconcerting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sissies! I manage, and I'm a truck driver! LOL Who gives a turkey about a lapel pin. There's more important crap going on! Like, Maple or Apple syrup on my french toast!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, OS, that means you cannot be an orchestra-conductor.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was going to refute your point with a really brilliant argument, but this green is soooo restful zzzzzzz . . . . . .

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's OK Tom, we all get old someday.

    I don't know guys. I've notice that if you go to any site, you'll find dead spots. It just seems a little worse in the darker background.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh, and Bill, it's gotta be maple syrup. Otherwise, we'll know you lost more than your hair.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I suspect the teplate is hiding the cursor in the main body of the page.

    ReplyDelete