Monday, July 28, 2008

Couldn't Say It Any Better Myself

I was going to put up a post about the tragedy that occurred yesterday in Tennessee.

But then, as I was surfing through the Cheddarsphere, I found that grumps had already said it much better than I would ever be able to:

I'd like to be the better person when I see these anti-immigrant/gay/Liberal/choice/Latino/black/coexistence/anti-anti-anti rantings. I wish I could see through to the kernel of goodness at the heart of their argument but it's damnably hard sometimes.

So often their arguments come cloaked in the mantle of religion or wrapped in the flag. So often they don't even see the hatefulness in their postings. This time hatefulness came with 76 shotgun shells in a fanny pack, having left a raving manifesto behind.

Sometimes it's hard to not see those emotions in a blog post.
For further views, please see Blogging Blue, Illy-T, and Jason Haas.

No comments:

Post a Comment